Parrtjima 2017 is seeking artworks from Arts Centres in the desert region to participate in the hugely popular and successful installation Grounded, which will be showcased from Friday 22 September to Sunday 1 October 2017.
Grounded 2016 ~ this installation projected high-resolution digital scans of the artwork down onto country via video projectors mounted in the air. Audiences were able to walk into the projection area and be coloured by the projected light while hearing the artist describe the story of the artwork. The concept for this installation will return for 2017 with an expanded and broader selection of artworks.
Image credit: Mervyn Rubuntja
Grounded 2016 Artists: Mervyn Rubuntja, Wenten Rubuntja, Hubert Pareroultja, Gloria Pannka, Myra Ah Chee
Register Your Interest
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
If you wish to participate, we are seeking Artists and Art Centres to provide up to five existing artwork images for consideration. From these images, one image may be selected to make up the multiple images of the installation.
To register your interest, you must:
- Be a manager of an Arts Centre with a demonstrated track record of producing artwork and other cultural activities relevant to the NT;
- Be 18 years or over;
- Be based in the Northern Territory or South Australia and Western Australia, demonstrating a relationship or affiliation with the NT; and
- Send us a completed form (see below)
Please note that images will be selected based on technical suitability for the installation as well as the potential for story telling and informing the public of the art, artists and Art Centres involved. Artwork with strong contrast lends itself better to projection and in the case of Grounded artwork a top down perspective will be more successful than imagery with perspective.
A financial contribution is available per artwork.
- All legal arrangements that protect the interests of the artists will be in place
- Parrtjima is a member of the Indigenous Art Code through AGB Events
- All works submitted for consideration must be culturally appropriate
- All works submitted for consideration must be suitable for General Exhibition i.e. for anyone to watch including children without supervision.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
9 May - Deadline to submit your interest (applications close at 5pm)
23 May - Successful applicants notified
22 September - 1 October - Parrtjima Festival
We look forward to receiving your proposal to participate in the Grounded installation.
For any questions regarding your application or to return your completed form please contact:
Ms Laura Martinez Oliveras